Mittwoch, Mai 03, 2006

risen

We are spending this week with my parents in South Germany... In the middle of organising and getting things ready tonight we went to a prayer meeting in the old church building in our village and I was reminded of the wonder of the risen christ - and of words by Padraig Pearse, one of the visionaries of the irish easter rising 1916...

"I speak to my people, and I speak in my people's name to the masters of my people. I say to my people that they are holy, that they are august, despite their chains, That they are greater than those that hold them, and stronger and purer,
That they have but need of courage, and to call on the name of their God,
God the unforgetting, the dear God that loves the peoples
For whom He died naked, suffering shame.
And I say to my people's masters:
Beware, Beware of the thing that is coming, beware of the risen people,
Who shall take what ye would not give.
Did ye think to conquer the people,
Or that Law is stronger than life and than men's desire to be free?
We will try it out with you, ye that have harried and held,
Ye that have bullied and bribed, tyrants, hypocrites, liars!"


just some late easter thoughts - and don't we all need an easter rising just every new day?

hope. for my friends. my church. my world.
rebecca

1 Comments:

Blogger Jesus Freaks Japan said...

Strong and so true words of wisdom, sister!

7:39 AM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home